• Health care is provided in the comfort and safety of the patient’s home
• Family members can more closely monitor their loved ones medical care
• Promotes healing
• Allows more freedom and independence
• More affordable than inpatient care
• Individualized patient care plans
• Reduces re-hospitalizations by providing safety from infections
Home Care Benefits for Patients
Home health care is designed to provide quality personalized care in the privacy and comfort of the patient’s home. For aging and home bound individuals, in-home care facilitates provide a much higher sense of security and dignity than medical facilities and helps the client to remain as functional and independent as possible. Receiving home health care also helps to avoid re-admissions to the hospital, and studies have shown that patients recuperating from illness, injury, or surgical procedures heal more quickly and more successfully when recovering at home versus in a medical facility.
Home Care Benefits for Family Caregivers
Family members are often the primary caregivers to their ill or elderly loved ones. Home health care provides continuing assistance to family caregivers so they can get back to their lives and enjoy more quality time with their home bound loved ones. In-home care families that are unable to serve as primary caregivers have the benefit of knowing that their loved ones are receiving professional, compassionate, and personalized care in the convenience of their own homes.